For most people that are watching sports, there are two things that go hand in hand with enjoying a great event – food and beverages.
They are a staple with sports such as black with white, Tom with Jerry, Stewie Griffin with Family Guy, Liz Lemon with Jack Donaghy………….ok, so maybe im going a bit out there for too many of you reading this, but you just have to have a great snack or meal for game day, particularly on a big NFL Sunday, SuperBowl Sunday, or the various nights of the week now that we will be having games from the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, college sports and more.
Here at the DraftKingsMaster, we have launched a new online grocery store section where people can purchase great beef, chicken, rice, dessert and beverage products at low prices, and we will count down our top 10 sports foods that you have to have for that game night with the crew, so sit back and get just a little bit hungry!
10) New York Prime Ribeye Steak – Boneless
With a piece of prime meat such as this, you can serve it with the traditional partner such as potatoes, but I also love to use a variety of fruit-based glazes over the top of it to give it a bit of an extra taste when grilling, and if you want to give it a bit of an extra zing, you can serve it with a bowl of spanish rice, which will give the meal some extra spice when having it on gameday or tailgate events.
9) Budweiser Hot Wing Sauce
This hot wing sauce by Budweiser, I found, was as good as the famous Buffalo Wild Wings sauce that many people purchase for wings and such, but I actually put this on chicken breasts one day and baked the sauce in, with some Zatarain’s seasoning, it created a great kick that was very simple and easy to make and it was a sauce that was hot, but not that will burn your insides alive. Oddly enough, I was drinking a Budweiser beer to wash it all down………..hmmm……..interesting advertising.
8) Spiced Apple Cider by Grove Square
Spiced apple cider is something you may not always equate with a gamenight, particularly on football Saturdays & Sundays, but as it becomes colder, many nights you will want to have your food, but also have something warm to not feel as though you are freezing to death, which if you are in any northern, midwest-based states, that can become a bit of a concern. The apple cider is always a winner and you can watch your game, take a small break from the cold beer when its bonechilling cold, and have something that can be attached to winter as much as anything.
7) Dark Chocolate Orange Fudge by Mo’s Fudge Factor
I know you are saying that fudge doesn’t go with sports at all, but as a good snack to have at a SuperBowl party or a tailgate, this will be a winner. Its a 1/2 pound of gluten-free fudge mixed in with orange……………wait, wait…………..hello…….its PURE FUDGE! There is no other real explanation needed for why this is awesome!
This is an instant winner in terms of preparation, a traditional sports dish, and the ability to serve with a variety of sides if need be or eat alone. This is a Mexican-based sausage made with turkey & chicken, and could go great with a jambalaya, in a regular bun, or I would guess, possibly served tray style for a party or event.
Thanks for checking out Part 1! Part 2 will be available tommorow! 🙂
- Michigan Wolverines NCAA Apparel on Sale up to 80% off at SportsFanPlayground.com (sportsfanplayground.wordpress.com)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts; Denver Broncos NFL Apparel Available at SportsFanPlayground.com (sportsfanplayground.wordpress.com)
- NFL Lessons For Week 5 – Adrian Peterson, Matt Schaub (sportsfanplayground.wordpress.com)
- New York Yankees Sports Memorabilia Available at SportsFanPlayground.com (sportsfanplayground.wordpress.com)
- Grand Theft Auto V Now Available at SportsFanPlayground.com On Xbox 360, PS3 (sportsfanplayground.wordpress.com)
- The 2013 DraftKingsMaster Black Friday/Cyber Monday Now Available (sportsfanplayground.wordpress.com)